Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No wonder...

Saying "time is a gift" and "time is money," are two complete different ways that people can look at life. To me, the people who think "time is a gift" are usually who people who live in the moment and look at life with a positive outlook. People who think "time is money" seem to be people who are work-driven and are always busy. Different cultures and different people all have different outlooks on how we should live our lives. When I think of "time is money" I automicaly correlate that statement with the United States. Here we are always looking to get ahead; who has the nicer car, whose kids go to a better school. Our society seems taken over by the idea that money is the answer for happiness. When I think "time is a gift" I automically thought of Spain and the Spanish culture. I remember learning back in high school that in Spain there's a time during the day where people take a break just for a nap. This has always stuck with me because I thought this concept of enjoying life and taking things slow was the way things should be. To me, "time is money" is negative within itself. Industrialist countries like the U.S. are always on the move and always busy. We want to get ahead in life and everything always has to be a competition. I feel like this is such a negative way to live. No wonder the countries with the industrialist subsistence strategy are the most stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment