Wednesday, February 25, 2009

it all depends

I think the idea of a free gift depends on the gift giver and the receiver, as well as the situation. Personally, when I give a gift I'm not expecting or wanting anything in return, I simply thought that the person I'm giving something to do would appreciate that gift in some way or another. Although when someone gives me a gift I feel that I need to return something in some way, probably out of respect for the person. I want them to know that I appreciate the gesture that they have shown for me. When talking about Christmas or something like that, generally I think that everyone who gives a gift expects to receive one as well, especially when it comes to family members. On the other hand, if someone buys something for somebody at random because they think that person will enjoy it, there probably isn't a lot of expectation for something in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment