Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Rite

Okay, so I guess the transition of high school to college isn't exactly an original topic for this whole rite of passage thing, but it's all I've got so too bad. Step one of this rite, was high school. Or more specifically deciding in high school that I wasn't going to go to college. Upon graduation, my mission was complete. Step two would be the acquisition of a job. After wasting my time and money, or more specifically, my parents' time and money, for about six months, I decided the next logical step in my progression would be to get a job. I picked up a job soon after, working for the school system that I had spent most of my young life attempting to escape. God has a sense of humor it would seem. After two years of that bullshit, dealing with people I hate and sleeping in my cubicle, I decided I wanted out. I began to look for colleges. I noticed Columbia's acceptance rate. I was sold. I told my mom I was going to College. She responded with a laugh. A few months later I got the acceptance letter, told everybody to fuck off and leave me alone and drove halfway across the country to attend school. Now I am a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment